Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Filter

I got a new job at ** in the med-center downtown Houston in an ICU as an R.N. Wow. ** is the Mecca of nursing, at least for our class, anyway. I had to do the usual pre-screening tests before I was hired: urinalysis, blood work, and background check. Everything came back excellent but...my liver enzymes and bilirubin were extremely high. My cholesterol is good, my electrolytes are good, I don't have AIDS, or anything, and I don't have Hepatits A, B, or C. But my liver is funky. Hmmm...So, I asked Jeeves and it of course referred me to medications (I take none) and then it mentioned caffeine. I don't drink coffee or tea, but I do drink alot of Diet Coke and some Mountain Dew. So I've decided to go soda-free and drink nothing but water and juices and skim milk, and not eat so much fatty or high-carb foods. All of this irritates the liver, so my thought is if I cut these practices out my liver will be more relaxed. That is the plan until I get some insurance and get my liver checked out more. The symptoms of liver irritation or malfunction are troubled digestion, lack of appetite, and get this: emotional excesses. Toxins build up in the body and are not able to be filtered out in the urine or feces as efficiently, and it affects the whole system. Hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home