Monday, January 30, 2006

Why is the world Afraid?

According to the news today, there is trouble in the Gaza strip today. Nothing new, right? A Danish newspaper in Norway and Denmark published a few cartoons depicting Mohammed the prophet wearing a turban shaped like a bomb with a lit fuse, and the muslim population of Gaza is beating Danish citizens in Israel and 'Palenstine' because not only was the cartoon offensive to them, the very act of showing a picture of the prophet or anyone is bad because it promotes idolatry. Danish citizens are getting beaten, shops are getting destroyed, and the citizenry of Denmark and Norway are either enraged or scared. What kind of religion promotes this insanity? What philosophy preaches slavery of the mind like this? How can a whole mass of people believe in the destruction of another and relate this to God and Heaven? This is not only happening in Denmark or Norway, but all over the world. Look in Thailand, Indonesia, Spain, most of Africa, France, the United Kingdom, etc. Look in Bosnia. Can people not see this 'movement' for what it is? People may argue Christianity enslaves the mind; but look at predominately Christian countries: there is a mass turn to evil because there is a relative amount of freedom to choose. We can choose evil or good. We have the freedom, the power to exercise that freedom. Has the backbone of the United States weakened to a point where we have no resolve to handle this problem? We have the knowledge and the technological capabilities to handle this. But are we too much of cowards to make that choice?

2 Comments:

Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

AMEN Brother Louis, preach the word!

My favorite expression is: Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslim.
or
Know Islam No Peace
No Islam Know Peace

5:47 PM  
Blogger hairyshoefairy said...

I noticed in earlier posts you talk about finding the seperation between church - the doctrine and church - the culture. I grew up in Utah. I understand where you're coming from. I often wonder about the smae thing regarding Islam. Like elasticwaitbandlady quotes it does seem that "not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslim." I wonder if Muslims have that same issue with seperating their church doctrine from culture. Especially in areas where one religion is so predominant the line oftne gets blurred and I think too often the media depicts the entire nation and/or religion as being terrorists when really it's a smaller concentrated portion of the whole that behaves in this bizarre manner. I don't necessarily agree with the second statement, but I get where it's coming from.

The article above and your post also remind me that we are told in scripture that a time will come when a majority of people will choose evil over good. That time is now and is continuing to come. It's scary because it's so real. It can be seen everywhere. In my opinion, one thing that is just as bad as choosing evil over good is being apathetic to it all. That just gives evil the upper hand. It's important to be aware so one can make decisions and have opinions on things. I'm not very good at keeping up with things like that (politics and world new, etc.) but I try to at least know enough that I can choose a position and support it.

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. It's nice to read your. I like to see others views on things. I get a little bored with just myself. :)

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home