Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Pastor Dead Whelps

Howdy. Somehow I got on this crazy website that has this church in Kansas calling everyone fags. At first I thought this had to be some kind of joke, but now I'm not so sure. What in the world is going on? Of course I see what is going on. I have always laughed and despised militanism in any fashion, whether it be Islam, Christianity, or whatnot. I served four years active duty Army in Ft. Hood, Texas and lived in Copperas Cove which is a little town on the western border of the post. Cove is a nice and quiet central Texas (Central Texas is better than Utah, you...Utahnees!:) city with a fairly small-town atmosphere. Anyways, I would go on splits with the missionaries and they talked of tracting, and catching members of another Christian Congregation following the missionaries and 'dispelling' the Mormon myths the household might have just received. My neighbor was part of this congregation, was very nice, but also acted leery of us (my family). Now, I don't want to name the denomination because I've met others in certain parts of the country who are just as nice as anyone, or at least to my face they are. The church these people in Cove attended was very similar to the one in Kansas I found on the web. My family and I would just sit down to eat dinner on a Sunday evening and 'knock-knock' two members of this other congregation would ask to talk the Bible with me. On the first visit I thought, 'yeah, ok, I believe in missionary work, and worshipping according to our own consciences' so I entertained their speeches (one-sided rants) for a little bit. They would ask me questions like, "Do you believe in John 3:5" or "What do you think it means to be saved" or "Don't you believe Joe Smith was God? Don't you worship Joe Smith?" and all kinds of other ignoramus questions. So I politely would end the speech and go to dinner. Now, this happened all of the time, and only on Sundays. I figure the pastor would give a speech 'damning those Mormons to hell, and by golly, it is a rite of passage to go to their houses and confront the evil flesh and blood devil-whores in their own lairs, and you shall be truly saved, as was Nicodemus...'These riled and insecure people would be all fired up and in order to flaunt the size of their biblical balls would come and pick on me (and others, I'm sure). These are the memories I received from this website. I can pick apart these people, but who am I to judge? I guess I am a hypocrite for writing this post. I think the actions of this denomination reflect human nature. All groups do this on a certain level. I know LDS people doing it; read some of my earlier blogs. If you want to reference this website, visit the honorable Pastor Fred Whelps and opine on his message yourself. As for Fred, his bio told of him entering West Point and having a profound religious experience and dropping out in his freshman year. All military institutes have a pecking order determined by grade (soph-seniors haze the freshmen, and so on). I speculate this could be the 'profound religious experience' of Whelps... Could Fred Whelps have had an...incident...in this hazing which caused him to focus his lifetime of biblical teachings on homosexuality? Could said...incident...been enjoyable to him and his personal security therefore smashed? Understand I am writing this only to vent and feel better. Totally selfish of me, I know. I am just about 1,000 miles from Topeka and unable to administer corporal punishment (justifiable only to me!). Nah, I'm joking, but this guy is mental...

1 Comments:

Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

I don't possess any 'biblical balls', can I still go to Heaven Brother Louis?

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home