Saturday, March 25, 2006

Anti-Ward Picnic

April 8th is the ward picnic; however, due to the experiences of our past ward activities, we, the $^&%!@# family will not attend. Therefore, in order to celebrate the ward picnic our own way, we will hold our first Anti-Ward Picnic. No one in our ward is invited. Only family and friends not of our ward. There will be no self-righteousness, no high priest police to run from, no Mormon mafia to patrol the kids and belittle them in the name of the Lord. Only good feelings, love, and good bar-b-que in my newly acquired grill. Then, when Houston is no longer bathed in the sunlight and the kids are in bed or tv'ed, the hot tub will be blazin'! Yeah, yeah...yeah...

I heard the new Flaming Lips album, and to tell the truth, I'm kind of disappointed. They still have their own sound, they're still creative, but I just didn't like it. Hear it here, click on Audio, and play. The W.A.N.D. is good, and maybe two other songs. This is big for me, because for the past 13 years there has been the Lips and nothing else. Is this what age does to a band? Hmmmm...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

13 years is a long span for any band to remain good. I actually lost interest in the Lips after OH MY GAWD!!!!--still my favorite albums of theirs--until Yoshimi.

5:40 PM  
Blogger White Man Retarded said...

Man, Oh my gawd is the first album I heard from them. One billionth of a millisecond from the sun is the ultimate greatest song ever written, played, whatever...It puts you there. And think, that album came out in 1988 or so. What was popular in 1988? I don't remember...but that album is before its time...

7:09 PM  
Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

All time favorite Lips selection? The Sponge Bob and Patrick song. I can't help it, it's just so infectious and bubbly, I LOVE it!

6:59 PM  
Blogger wendela said...

I was busy raising babies in the 80's and fervently attempting to clean up my listening (went thru my "I'm not listening to it unless it's Christian music" phase- which, no, didn't last) so I am painfully outta touch with Flaming Lips. However, I'm not of any ward and love BBQ, so I hope I get an invite to the anti-ward bash.

1:22 AM  
Blogger White Man Retarded said...

Ribs, Adultery cheesecake, chocolate mousse with fresh raspberries, home made sourdough, ...

7:31 AM  
Blogger White Man Retarded said...

Ha!

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home