Saturday, March 25, 2006

Smiling Infidel Loves Billy Corgan Forever

Yeah, you know it's true. I'm going to do it. I'm going to buy some kind of Midi-complex, a drum machine, a synthesizer with sampling capabilites, and WHAM! my brand of techno-rave-trance-ambient-trip away music will grow into reality. I was watching my 'friends' play cover songs at a St Patrick's day party and I was thinking guitar is really really overplayed. Rock is dead and the corpse grows rotten! Isn't that why bands like Jet and Buck Cherry are just flash in the pan bands? What more can one do with a guitar that hasn't been done? Flaming Lips, Sonic Youth, they can use the guitar. Experiment, dammit! So, in order to fight off the droning of stupid whiny poser alternative bands and gay country music, I will create in the fashion of Richard James or Skinny Puppy. The possibilites are endless...
Actually, I hate hip-hop, but if you take away the lyrics and the voice, some of the sequences are really cool. I might start creating sequences and sell them to the hip-hop scene here in Houston since Houston is having a major impact on the country's Hip-hop movement right now. Psychic Dead productions...LLLcoolG...I could sample Queersryche! Hahahahhaha...Has anyone ever heard of Alien Sex Fiend? My wife likes the same music as Smirking Infidel...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an Alien Sex Fiend record on vinyl (from my teen years).

I'd never myself heard music and thought, "I want to make music like that" until I saw the Thrones live. It's just one guy--Joe Preston, formerly of the Melvins, currently in High on Fire--on bass, with a huge array of effects pedals and looping machines and some sort of sequencer thing--I don't really know what is what. But he's play a riff on his bass, then loop it back, then add all these other sounds on top of it--so awesome. If I was to ever make music, that's what I'd want to do.

6:58 AM  
Blogger White Man Retarded said...

Now that is creativity. That's the idea.

8:49 AM  
Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

Smiling Infidel Loves Billy Corgan Forever

Have you been to my house patrick? How could you possibly know that I have that exact same sentiment carved into the big pine tree out front?

Your wife is obviously a woman of impeccable musical tastes.

6:55 PM  
Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

Hey Patrick, if ever you need a tambourine player look no further. I got me some mean tambourine playing skillz, lou-dog.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home