Monday, February 06, 2006

My Brain is Fried! Otherwords, I had a day off...

Today is almost over. What did I do today? Today was my day off from work. I work four days one week, and three days the next week, then alternate accordingly. I worked full time while going to school full time, and now I have a hole in which to fill my time with since I'm only currently working fourteen days a month. Wild, isn't it? This is what I read today:
Our Title of Liberty: Latter-day Politics for Latter-day Saints by M.J. Snider
This is a really good book and soon to be in Deseret Books, so I urge everyone who is interested in world affairs and politics to add this to their library. It's not about the end of the world, or signs of the times, like a lot of political Mormon voodoo books are, but legitimate comparisons of scripture with current U.S. political trends. Google the title to find where you can find this book now before it hits Deseret.
The Book Of Mormon, specifically Alma 43 and 44, and verses under the topical guide listings of Agency, Liberty, and Freedom.
The Doctrine and Covenants, also scriptures relating to liberty and free agency, and specifically Section 134.
The Pearl of Great Price, specifically Moses 4 on how Lucifer became Satan and how that specific incident set the precedent for mortal-era wars.
Democracy In America by Alexis de Toqueville, specifically those chapters dealing with religion and war (of course!).
The Life of Muhammad by Ibn Ishaq from around the time of the 'Prophet'. It is not a biography but a collection of recorded traditional stories of Muhammad from his time.
The Founders' Constitution, Vol. 1. A multi-volume set of debates, early charters, essays, and letters written by our (U.S.) founding fathers which illustrates their thought processes. Includes the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, etc.
The More Than Complete Hitchhiker's Guide by Douglas Adams. Awesome!

And then supplemented this with websurfing CAIR, anti-CAIR, various news agencies, this blog, Ted Poe's website, and my email accounts. I taught my sons about the war in heaven and how it extends into this realm; talked to two wonderful friends for about an hour or two each. Played video games with my 4 year old. Spanked my wife multiple times as I walked past her. Played app. two hours of racquetball. Observed the repentance of Joseph Butler. And now, good-bye, it is time for FHE and then 24. Good night!

3 Comments:

Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

You sound very industrious and a good steward of your time.

I feel ashamed to be in your cyber presence.

6:15 PM  
Blogger White Man Retarded said...

Don't. I'm a big nerd.

2:57 PM  
Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

I'm feeling a little disgruntled louis. Where are your new posts, ideas, and pithy poetry? I miss you.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home