Friday, March 31, 2006

Wake Up!

My soon-to-be 12 year old has to wake up around 5a.m. everyday to catch the bus to school. Well, he throws a tantrum every morning and stomps around upstairs, and it sucks for him to wake the other two younger brothers for no need. So, I told him to grow up, I expect more from him, and then while he was crying, I told him I loved him, I know he can do better, and if he wants, I can enroll him in Lord Of The Dance classes to facilitate his need for stomping, and then I did the best Irish LOTD imitation I could do.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty awesome, Dad.

When my kids act like beasts because they have to get up early, we give them an earlier bed time. My boys go to bed at 9pm--one has to be up at 5:20am, the other at 7am. They both do ok with that. My daughter can stay up later. She has to be up at 5:20am, too, but she can handle the lack of sleep better.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Mimo- JenK said...

I did what Susan did, and set an earlier bed time. I homeschool my 13 year old, but my dh has a schedule that makes it so we have to get up at 7 if we want to read scriptures as a family. So when he gives us a hard time, we set an earlier bed time that night. It's worked so far :) He either sucks it up and behaves better, or the sleep is helping.

8:03 PM  
Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

Do you own any of those superb 'Celtic Memories'CD's? Did you wear a little kilt ala Michael Flatley too? Is your psychic head the only part of you that's hair free? So many questions.

10:07 AM  
Blogger White Man Retarded said...

I shave my Michael Flatley abs...

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home