Monday, April 10, 2006

Anti-Ward Picnic / Stainless Steel Provider

The Picnic was great. I grilled smoked-garlic sausage (chappel hill from nearby Brenham), fajitas, drumsticks, hot dogs for the little spawns, and ribs. We had baked beans (we saved some for EWL, but I don't think she needs them), Greek Salad, grilled veggie kabobs, homemade tortillas, guacamole, salsa, and sodas, and ice cream. I conveniently forgot the casserole. We let the kids into the spa first, and then we put in a movie to entertain them and the adults kicked it in the spa for a while. No bad feelings, no tension, no guilt, I didn't get in anybody's face, it was Great!!! And we said prayer.
I'm at a turning point in my life. There is so much anger inside of me; I feel like Darth Vader! Ha (remember, I'm a big nerd)! I am reading the BOM everyday now, although its a few pages or a chapter and not the recommended 30 minutes. I'm saying my prayers, I'm trying to keep myself straight so I can ordain my oldest into the Aaronic Priesthood next month, but I can't bring myself to Church. It's not my testimony, because that is stronger than ever. I do my hometeaching; so, what's up? I'm doing everything I need to do except the physical attending of Church. I feel apprehensive about seeing my family and Church at the same time, and I think in light of what is going on with my brother and my rxn with that, I'm a little embittered. The Church and family issue is tied together; I have no answers, so I'm just going to let it go with the flow. Hmmmm....
I bought a motorcycle Friday. I've wanted one for years and years (at least 20). My mom said, "Not while you live under my roof" and since I've been on my own I couldn't afford one. But times have changed. It is such a rush to get onto the road; I bought a Honda VTX 750 Shadow Aero which is a cruiser. I didn't want to get a racer although I like the way they look; I wanted something I could cruise long distances on and go downtown to work with and look really cool. Because I do look really cool. The women flock and I scream, "Hey, I'm married" but in today's time that doesn't mean much. I beat them off with a stick (unless they're hot!...j/k)...Seriously, the bike is sweet, the riding is sweet, and I'm the happiest dork in the world with it.
Helio Sequence May 5 at the Abyss in Houston! Wife and I'll be there! Ministry is playing the same night but I'm in my 'I hate Ministry' phase, believe it or not. Al Jourgensen is the biggest idiot in the world, aside from Al Gore. Maybe it is the name Al that predisposes one to idiocy...

3 Comments:

Blogger wendela said...

So glad to hear the anti-ward picnic was a success. And congrats on the new motorcycle. Just steer clear of joining up with the one percenters!

7:44 PM  
Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

I'll let Papi live vicariously through you Patrick because I told him NO when he wanted a motorcycle. I don't have a problem with it when the kids are grown but not while they're still toddlers and as of Monday we no longer have health insurance again.

Aren't you a Primary teacher Patrick? On most Sundays my sense of obligation to Papi, my kids, and my Primary class are the only reasons I still go to Church.

I'm a secret operative for the eradication of AL's from this World. We are the secret society of N.O.A.L, that's right NO AL. Think about the proliferation of evil through Al's. Al Quaeda, Al Jazeera, Al Franken, Al Gore, and most nefarious of all Big Al from Happy Days. You should join us in our quest patrick. As for Al Jourgensen you'd think he'd just shut up and go back to Cuba if he's so unhappy with America, but whatever.

4:35 AM  
Blogger White Man Retarded said...

I never thought of it that way. Hmmm...

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home