Monday, April 17, 2006

Sextupulous Houses of Strange

Thanks for the idea, Susan. 666 weird things about me; ahem...I mean, 6 weird things I think of myself, but not necessarily weird to others.

1. I shave my head with a razor for a 'new beginning'; sort of the idea of baptism and sacrament, renewing myself and shedding away the other self I did not like.

2. I can see through people, their motives, what drives their personality, hence their actions.

3. I always fantasize about what I'd be like if wife and kids died in a fiery car accident and I was suddenly single again.

4. I have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ yet dabble in agnostic philosophies.

5. 4/5's of my siblings are heroin and meth heads. Does that count?

6. I remember thinking as a child I was alone in the world. There is no one else like me, so I don't 'relate', I just experience.

7. Just in case #5 doesn't count, I can see sound.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Susan M said...

So you're a synesthete? (synesthesia)

I've always wanted to meet one. What do you see when you hear sound?

8:24 AM  
Blogger White Man Retarded said...

Well, it's hard to explain. Kind of similar, maybe, to the way you hear doom metal--it makes you happy, as opposed to being loud noise to others...? Maybe it's in my head...?

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Susan M said...

I think I know what you mean.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth-W said...

Just a quick note to say thanks for distracting me from housework today during nap-time. I have read/skimmed your entire blog.
Here's a few random comments that don't apply to this post, but wanted to share, regardless.
The LDS 12 step group really can be a help-I don't know how well it functions in Houston, but just to be able to talk about real feelings, not putting the Sunday-face on, that's good. You could also google Smart Recovery, which is sort of the anti-12 step.

The more I talk to people, not over the pulpit, but in small gatherings, and tell people what I struggle with, the more honesty I get back, and that makes me feel more comfortable on Sunday.

Again, great blog.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth-W said...

Oh, and here is the part that does apply that I realized I forgot--re: your heroin using siblings. Have you heard of suboxone? It is a great new drug for narcotic withdrawal/detox. Unlike methadone, you have a low risk of dependency, and you can't really get high on it. What makes people not want to quit H or any rx'ed narc is just the pain of withdrawal. How we do it at our clinic is a patient has to be several hours into withdrawal and then we provide the first dose.
Suboxone is tightly regulated, for example, Drs can only carry 30 patients, the dea shows up randomly, etc. We have hoops we make people jump through. But it is tons cheaper, and easier, and legal, than buying drugs, and if you have health insurance, it will help pay for treatment since it's a rx. You may already know about this b/c of your nurse status, but if not, thought I'd share.

1:57 PM  
Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

Alright, I give up! Where are you hiding out patrick?

Pancho's Mexican Buffet perhaps?

8:28 PM  
Blogger Moi said...

Maybe he can see through us (see #2) and he thinks we're superficial.

10:12 PM  
Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

I used to be able to see through people too but alas I've since lost my X-Ray Vision glasses. Its probably all for the best anyway since the amount of people going 'commando' these days was slowly blinding me.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home