Monday, April 17, 2006

Sextupulous Houses of Strange

Thanks for the idea, Susan. 666 weird things about me; ahem...I mean, 6 weird things I think of myself, but not necessarily weird to others.

1. I shave my head with a razor for a 'new beginning'; sort of the idea of baptism and sacrament, renewing myself and shedding away the other self I did not like.

2. I can see through people, their motives, what drives their personality, hence their actions.

3. I always fantasize about what I'd be like if wife and kids died in a fiery car accident and I was suddenly single again.

4. I have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ yet dabble in agnostic philosophies.

5. 4/5's of my siblings are heroin and meth heads. Does that count?

6. I remember thinking as a child I was alone in the world. There is no one else like me, so I don't 'relate', I just experience.

7. Just in case #5 doesn't count, I can see sound.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you're a synesthete? (synesthesia)

I've always wanted to meet one. What do you see when you hear sound?

8:24 AM  
Blogger White Man Retarded said...

Well, it's hard to explain. Kind of similar, maybe, to the way you hear doom metal--it makes you happy, as opposed to being loud noise to others...? Maybe it's in my head...?

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I know what you mean.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth-W said...

Just a quick note to say thanks for distracting me from housework today during nap-time. I have read/skimmed your entire blog.
Here's a few random comments that don't apply to this post, but wanted to share, regardless.
The LDS 12 step group really can be a help-I don't know how well it functions in Houston, but just to be able to talk about real feelings, not putting the Sunday-face on, that's good. You could also google Smart Recovery, which is sort of the anti-12 step.

The more I talk to people, not over the pulpit, but in small gatherings, and tell people what I struggle with, the more honesty I get back, and that makes me feel more comfortable on Sunday.

Again, great blog.

1:42 PM  
Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

Alright, I give up! Where are you hiding out patrick?

Pancho's Mexican Buffet perhaps?

8:28 PM  
Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

I used to be able to see through people too but alas I've since lost my X-Ray Vision glasses. Its probably all for the best anyway since the amount of people going 'commando' these days was slowly blinding me.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home