Saturday, April 15, 2006

Tangible Dirigible Floating In My Star Destroyer

Carrot Custard made me think of this. What is the mechanism for hearing? I know a little physiology of the ear; tiny hairs 'feel' the vibrations as waves of sound pass through your ear, and as these hairs shorten through damage, age, whatever, you lose the perception of hearing. Am I right? I'm going by memory, so I might be off. Anyways...

That old spectre of Church-angst is rearing its head. I want to go to antagonize a few people. What is becoming of me? I wonder if I'm tense with individuals or with what I perceive these individuals represent...? It has to be individuals because I feel love and warmth when contemplating the Gospel. Just not the ward...

I'm having fun on my bike. I don't even miss listening to music on the way to and from work; I live North 59 about 45 minutes from Memorial Hermann downtown, and I find myself talking to my self making up silly scenarios of imagined conversations with real people as I cruise 80 mph on my sexy black bike (no metal scrotum). When I become conscious of talking to myself I laugh and make fun of myself as I would see another person looking at me talking to myself would. Make sense?

Hello me, it's me again...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I talk to inanimate objects, not myself.

8:37 AM  
Blogger wendela said...

(I talk to myself and answer- but no one's surprised, I'm sure.)

I agree w/carrot. Go and put blinders on. You're there for a reason which has nothing to do with those people in the ward, right? It's hard for me to understand, I know, since in my faith no one is in a group in which they don't want to be a part. Still, I do know it's tough to be with those you'd rather not be around. Remember the real reason, not the "annoyers".

I've been thinking about a bike to get to work- sure would be better than gas prices these days.

12:00 AM  
Blogger White Man Retarded said...

Well, I don't go to be with the annoyers. The main reason is while my kids are young they are impressionable and they see how people act, and relate that to the Gospel.

7:24 AM  
Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

Just out of curiosity why didn't you take the opportunity to move out of your old Ward when you purchased a new house?

1:22 PM  
Blogger White Man Retarded said...

EWL, I bought this house as an investment to gain equity as quickly as possible. The neighborhood is booming, and we got a really good deal on the house. To be honest, alot of my attitude has to do with the way I perceive and handle situations. I'm not leaving myself out of the equation. After I finish school, I'm heading west. Westward ho, ho. Like, Brenham, or somewhere desolate.

9:48 AM  
Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

Yeah, our dream is to buy a farm with a lot of acreage and allow our children to run wild in the fields and graze in the meadows.

Many times I don't feel included among Church women but thats probably due to my own poor attitude towards their conversations, hobbies, etc. I'm the official Ward anti-sparkly cynic beyotch who doesn't care to engage in scrapbooking and manicure talk.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Mimo- JenK said...

*gasp!* That's not totally true EWL, you like to talk about plucking man hairs :)

Does the hair thing mean we shouldn't use those hair trimmer things in our ears?

8:22 PM  
Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

I'm thinking about what it will be like to live out on the farm with all my posterity surrounding me, running wild and happy through the fields.

Free Range Infidels!!!!!!!

8:48 PM  
Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

I'm thinking about what it will be like to live out on the farm with all my posterity surrounding me, running wild and happy through the fields.

Free Range Infidels!!!!!!!

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home