Saturday, July 22, 2006

Lost In A Forest

Many things to talk about.

First of all, I went on a date last night and saw the new Shyamalan (sp?) movie. Absolutely wonderful. It got bad reviews from the critics, but some people just don't get it. All of Shyamalan's movies are intense. They're like the Book of Mormon, you get something from it every time you see them. His movies are multi-layered, full of symbolism, and intensly spiritual. I can't talk for at least an hour after I see every one of his movies, I'm so moved.

Secondly, the news today said a judge ordered a sixteen y/o into chemo for treatment of his cancer. What? How can this be so? What right does a judge have to force someone into medical treatment? This sounds so ludicrous, so...big brother...so...communist? Ha! Gotcha! This leads to my final thought of the blog.

Here it is. My last entry dealt in trying to understand another perspective on the U.S.A. and our interactions with the world. I opened a can of worms, not that I don't like that. I overturned a log and all the liberal insects ran scurrying in search of more darkness to hide in. I was blog-slammed by a coward named any-mouse, Poocho, Lazytikia, and a new roach calling him- or herself Callous Communist. Where do these people come from? Something so clear as freedom for individuals to excel or stagnate according to their desires makes so much sense to me. Why bring in government to run our individual lives? Is that 16 y/o going to suffer now against his wishes? Is this what the liberal attitude is pushing for?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't see the news article, but minors don't have many rights legally, correct? Was it his parents forcing it?

10:08 AM  
Blogger White Man Retarded said...

I'll link it; you can understand better from it.

11:26 AM  
Blogger White Man Retarded said...

I don't want to bother, just understand.

2:24 PM  
Blogger annegb said...

Patrick, you don't have to put up with that. I'm sure there is a way to delete posts.

I think it was big of you to simply give those people a forum.

As to the teenage boy, I'm wondering now because I read he had hodgkin's. The cure rate for Hodgkin's with treatment is 98%. It's a death sentence not to have it, unless it's so advanced that it's hopeless.

I think, but am not positive, that teenage boys suffer a higher rate of Hodgkin's, for some reason. I think statistics bear it out. And like I said, my stepson has been in remission for ten years now. They consider that a cure.

Although would I want to go through chemo? Nope. And I hope to God I get a choice.

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home