Wednesday, July 19, 2006

So, What's Going On Over There?

Shortly I will hear news on whether or not my paperwork was accepted at the Board for commissioning or not. If accepted, I will post pictures of my swearing-in into the U.S. Army with extreme haste and pleasure.

So, what's going on in Israel? This is how I see it. Ever since I can remember I've heard of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I was born in '72 so I remember quite alot. Now this happens. The headlines today read the U.S. gives Israel one week to take care of 'business' with Hezbollah in Lebanon. Is there something we don't know? How come we will not, for very wise purposes, give a deadline for pulling out of Iraq yet when Israel is faced with (in my opinion) something infinitely much more dire we, the U.S., take it upon ourselves to impose a deadline on them? I cannot piece together the logic here. I am very pro-Iraq and pro-Israel, but I'm having problems understanding the current headlines today.

Israel gave back Gaza, gave back the North, both of which they won fairly when invaded by most of the Middle East in 1967. This did nothing to stem the tide of violence against them. Didn't Jordan pull out the 'Palestinians' and promised to give them their land back once they destroyed Israel, but Jordan ended up losing in such a big way they couldn't keep their promise? Well, shame on Jordan for losing the war, buy the reality is, Israel is legally in the right. There is no Palestine. 'Palestine' is just another name for Islam to use to destroy Israel and the West. So why are the Lebanese protesting Israel for protecting itself? I hate seeing the pictures of the marches (can they only march? what is it with marching?) where they state Israel is the terrorist, Israel is the bully, and so on. If the Lebanese really had testicles and brains (they seem to lack both) they would kick out Hezbollah. Since they don't do anything against Hezbollah, then they are: 1. brainless, 2. testicle-less, or 3. they are in league as a society with Hezbollah. It appears by their inaction they are in league with Hezbollah.

There is no easy way out of this. If it were up to me, I would stay out of Israel and let them defend themselves. What right do we as a country which is defending itself limit another country from doing the same? I don't like this at all.

6 Comments:

Blogger glo said...

I...uhm...have no idea what to think of Israel. Sometimes, I just wonder if we shouldn't have a big post-WWII do-over.

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're joining the army? Or the reserves?

I don't understand anything that's going on over there, mainly cuz I don't know much about middle east culture. I think it all comes down to a culture clash in the end.

11:11 AM  
Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

Hooray for Israel invading Lebanon today in an effort to wipe Hezbollah strongholds, with missiles targeting Israeli civilians, off the map!

The bloody Hell is wrong with Americans defending Hezbollah and Hamas? Do they hate Jews that much? Don't they realize that the Hamas leader has declared that he envisions a day coming soon where America and Israel no longer exist in the World?

If they want to commit suicide, go ahead, don't bring the rest of us down though.

7:37 AM  
Blogger annegb said...

Geez, if you must, you must, I guess.

I have a 16 1/2 year old grandson and I am troubled beyond expression at the thought that he could be in a war.

Every time I hear of a death in Iraq or Afganistan, I re-live when they came to my door to tell me my son was dead.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home