Monday, August 14, 2006

Welcome to hell, preacher...

What movie is that line from?

I went to Church yesterday. Good times. I've actually been reading the Book Of Mormon everyday for a while now. It does make a difference, but putting it into words is not possible for me. I love the Gospel. I've been concurrently reading the Comprehensive History of the Church and it adds a great appreciation to the work and the direction of the Gospel in the future.

I try to see patterns in my life, when I look at my past. I see the ups and the downs and I wonder if there is a correlation between having my heart set on something not of the Gospel and the down-times? There is so much distraction in this world: music (good or bad), work, bills, war, politics, family (good or bad..ha ha ha), obsession with myself, there is too many to name. Sometimes I can go outside and stand there and there will be nothing going on but it would be...so...loud.

Anyway, I'm deleting Ministry from the IPOD and I-tunes library. I'm not announcing this to brag or show what a spiritual man I am but I'm looking forward to being reconciled to Christ and I don't think I want that weight always dragging on me. Music is physical to me; when I get reflective, Ministry becomes heavy...not in the musical sense.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth-W said...

Paint your Wagon! Ding ding ding.
What's my prize? :) I'm right, right?

7:15 AM  
Blogger White Man Retarded said...

Thanks. Honestly, it doesn't bother me about (you know the one). There are things each of us as human beings need to work out in this life; each of us as individuals have different paths. Enough of that soap box. This world is crazy. Actually I agree with alot of the Left Forum but I disagree on the causes and the means they spout.

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home