Monday, July 31, 2006

2ndLT. Patrick Henry

It is official. I did my swearing-in yesterday evening after Church in my home with my wife taking pictures and my kids watching. I play racquetball with this retired Colonel and he did the honors along with SFC Lee. So, terrorists, watch out, or I'll start an IV on you if your virgin-maker misfires. Or assist in the transplant of your kidney or liver.

Here's a little song for you to identify. I don't agree with the artist's politics or moral standpoint, but this song captures everything I feel about today's political zoo.

We tried assassinations, it's the same
Demonstrations and violence, but it's still the same to me
Economic sanctions, it's the same
Tried dragging their names through mud, but it's still the same to me

Where the hell is the population?
All quiet for a generation
Whatever happened to the human race?
Can't you see the enemy here is you?

In the Tory, or the Labor camps, well it's the same
Republican or Democrat, but it's still the same to me
Go to Lenin or Marx, it doesn't matter
Starve the people while the rich get fatter
Can't you see they got us where they want us?
Can't you see the enemy here is you?



Name that tune, buffoon. It's kind of appropriate isn't it? It was written in the eighties, and kind of points out where we, the U.S., are right now.

3 Comments:

Blogger White Man Retarded said...

But who is the enemy? You didn't answer the question. And, did you sign your comment as 'ho'?

2:00 PM  
Blogger White Man Retarded said...

Oh, I had no clue who you were talking about. I have nothing personal against anyone except when it comes to protecting my family -as I see fit. So, that leads to the next question: what constitutes a threat? Let me ask you something: is there a palpable 'air' where you live like the world is going to radically change (whatever direction, I don't know)? I don't know if it's me or if it's everybody, but it seems things are happening at such a fast rate, whether it be Israel-Lebanon, Iraq, homicide rates...etc...It seems the world is out of control...?

2:55 PM  
Blogger RC said...

congrats!

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home