Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Snoozin'

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2006/8/2/135906.shtml

http://www.nbc10.com/news/9621055/detail.html


Where is everybody? Is everybody sleeping? Have the United States of America gone comatose? Where is our backbone? Why are we scared? Or are we scared?

"O that ye would awake; awake from a deep sleep, yea, even from the sleep of hell, and shake off the awful chains by which ye are bound, which are the chains which bind the children of men, that they re carried away captive down to the eternal gulf of misery and woe." 2 Nephi 1:13

Ever since the beginning of this country there has been some element trying to tear it down. People can't seem to take responsiblity for themselves. Where is the decency? Every other billboard is an advertisement for either liquor or strip clubs. Sure, one can point out the depravity of those institutions but those institutions are getting money from somewhere. The new line of PG movies are dealing with heavy sexual content.

I think there is hope. I have trust in the decency of most of the population here. I run into these people everyday in the hospital, where they are faced literally with life and death situations. I see it in the neighborhood, where people are waving and smiling at each other. I love being an American. I love being born under the rule of the U.S. Constitution. I love the fact I have the freedom of choice to be part of the military defense of this nation. I love the fact I have the relative freedom of raising my children in a way I see fit, to guide them to self-reliance and responsibility, and hopefully a spirit of gratitude towards Heavenly Father who has blessed all of his children. These things none can argue.

"If thou art called to pass through tribulation; if thou art in perils among false brethren; if thou art in perils among robbers; if thou art in perils by land or by sea; if thou art accused with all manner of false accusations (Far Left Queue), if thine enemies fall upon thee; if they tear thee from the society of thy father and mother and brethren and sisters; and if with a drawn sword thine enemies tear thee from the bosom of thy wife, and of thine offspring...and thou be dragged to prison, and thine enemies prowl around thee like wolves for the blood of the lamb; and if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son (and daughter), that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good. D/C 122:5-7 Basically, to rip off John Lennon, the war is over, if you want it. Ha! Lennon must be mortified at the context I used his quote. Be of good cheer, the battle has been fought for us, the outcome is known.

1 Comments:

Blogger White Man Retarded said...

I know how you feel. Even at Wal-mart, which puports itself as a family-friendly superstore, has Cosmopolitan, elle, and other similar mags with half-naked women at the eye level of kids! I feel so anxious sometimes but its a struggle I enjoy being part of as a parent to help guide my children away from the filth. A leader in my Church called it a tidal wave of filth going over the whole world.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home