Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Buca De Pepo's Is Great!

My family and I ate at Buca De Pepo's tonight for dinner. It is also my 12 year old's (Goobers) birthday. He is the one from the Goth conversation. Goobers is funny. He's spreading out his rebellion-wings by smarting off and trying to sound cynical and dry and at the same time we passed Petsmart in the Woodlands where they have these statues of a cat and a dog and he's like, "Oooo, look at the kitten. Drive by there please, daddy." Then he talks like everything adults or his younger siblings do or say is completely and utterly stupid. Goobers, in that crack between dependency and freedom. The restaurant is an Italian restaurant which is really really good. We had a gift card from Christmas from my sister which we used, and left a $20.00 tip. The portions were huge, and the service was great. Yummy. I love eating at good restaurants. Like CiCi's, etc...
I'm writing about this because I think I might not take my kids to a restaurant like that until they are older. They act like animals. Goobers is talking loudly on purpose and saying, "I farted." Jakers is flaunting his ADHD by jumping in his seat while he is eating. Cutie-butt, our 4 y/o is being cute, but yelling at Goobers for making a face at him. Ugh. No restaurants until they are older.

3 Comments:

Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

HEY, my sardonic dry wit oldest will be turning 11 on Friday, Cinco De Mayo. I should feel deeply ashamed of the way she burns the girls in Activity Days when they start flipping their hair around and prefacing every sentence with the word "like" and just generally acting the precocious pain in the butt, but I don't. No,I revel in all her sour faced glory. Yes, Sunbum is my pride and joy.

Happy Birthday Goobers!!! Maybe I'll buy him something with a kitty cat motif on it to present to him when we meet.

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buca de Beppo's is awesome! Best though when eating out with several other people--like a group of friends or a couple families. Then you can order all kinds of different dishes and everyone have a little of everything.

7:39 AM  
Blogger White Man Retarded said...

It's called PMS, and you never forget your first time.

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home