Wednesday, January 17, 2007

You Can't Stop the Springtime From Cumming...



I couldn't watch the season premiere episodes of 24 because I was working. So, last night I watched all of them (my wife taped them). I knew what happened at the last episode (9am-10am?) but still when it happened, I couldn't help crying. It was very powerful, esp. since I see this show almost like a prediction of the very near future. Except for Jack Bauer of course. His character is a little over the top, but hey, it's great t.v. Why watch the news when 24 is on? I also think it's a little telling of American society when American Idle is shown right before.

The nurses I work with buy People magazine, US, Cosmopolitan, etc. and I look through these magazines, I see the Golden Globules awards, the Grammys, etc. and I wonder if this is what people around the world perceive us as. Or, maybe our society IS this. So, this is what it leads me to think: What are we fighting for? Then I remember, free agency. Just because American society is decadent, it doesn't mean I'm fighting for decadence. The Bill of Rights is a perfect concept, just like the Gospel. But people fuck it up. So, if the world is stupid enough to think the U.S. is correctly represented by American Idle, Star, US magazine, Cosmo, etc., the it is no wonder we're getting bombed. I think it is so disgusting to see the diet fads of 'celebrities' then followed by pictures of naturally starved thin people around the world. Let's ask India, most of Africa, and Mexico if they're worried about their weight. Sure, their governments are fucked up but I'm talking of their society.

Anyways...

I went to the mall today (Deerbrook in Humble) with my wife to get a back brace because the femme fetus is causing a little back-ache. When I went in, I started freaking out. All of a sudden I HAD to leave NOW. But I endured for my wife's sake. So I started analyzing this because lately I've been feeling ok in reference to depression, etc. Hmmm...I still have no answers but I'm not worried. ElizW, I was wondering, are you also a pharmaceutical representative? Hahahahhaha...

When I was in the Army, my wife was in the Primary Presidency. One time she said she needed a spiritual scripture on the fly; it was Sunday after Sacrament and an emergency, so I gave her Moroni 9:8.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth-W said...

That was pretty good, in a horrific sort of way.
I 'knew' what was going to happen only because, really, what else could they do this season? They've already had poisons let loose, and the threat of bombs. So...what are they gonna do next season?
I do not follow celeb stuff-it gags me.
I think you're right-we're perceived as the worst of what we have to offer.
No, I'm not a drug dealer. But my brother is/was. He works for Johnson and Johnson, but earlier in his career he sold paxil and risperdal, among others. It's a horrible job.
I've got to go look up your verse.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home