Friday, March 02, 2007

Josh Groban is real.

Saturday, 3/10/07, the Polyphonic Spree is headlining the North x Southeast festival in Dallas, and yes, the Psychic Head family is going. All of us. This will be the 3rd time for wife and I, and 2nd for Chloe fetus. It's a surprise for the 12, 9, and 5 year old. Our 12 year old is trying to be a moody emo thing for his girlfriend, so I don't think the Spree fits into his current worldview. He has a myspace page (closely monitored by me and wife) where it has all the emo bands and dark hot-topic type background. So I went, unbeknownst to him, and changed his myspace song to Billy Ray Cyrus' song I Want My Mullet Back (leave it to a hick to come up with that song title) and a Kenney Chesney background. I put his fave tv shows as Dukes of Hazzard and anything Nascar. I also wrote how he thinks all of today's goths and emos are nothing but factory-made from the mall, much to the chagrin of his seventh-grader friends.

I love being a dad!

Oh yeah, I was watching 24 one Tuesday a.m. and a commercial came on showing this guy coming to Houston and playing at the Toyota Center or something, and he looked exactly like Napolean Dynamite! I thought to myself, Who is this? The guy sounded like a really, extremely bad version of Barry Manilow. So, who looks like N. Dynamite and sounds like a bad Barry Manilow (initials B.M....hahaha...)? It was Josh Groban! I remember hearing about him on the radio about how all of these girls like him. Tell me it's not true...Is he an American Idol contestant?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, he's got nothing on American Idol.

Think of him like a male Charlotte Church. Or maybe Barbara Streisand.

7:27 AM  
Blogger RC said...

how funny of you to change your sons myspace song...i love it!

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was pretty funny what you did with your son's My Space!

Josh Groban can sing with true passion! I have received a couple of his CD's for gifts. I own very little in the way of music so that says a lot.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home